CT BOMBERS FALL TRYOUTS

AT THE BATTERS BOX
21 Marne St. Hamden, CT 06514
  • 8-12 YEAR OLDS
    JULY 25TH 6:00-7:30PM
  • Ages 13 AND 14
    JULY 26TH 6:00-7:30PM
  • Ages 15 - 18
    JULY 27TH 6:00-7:30PM
AGES ARE AS OF MAY 1ST 2023
If you can't make the date please call for an individual evaluation

About us

ABOUT THE BATTER'S BOX

The Batter’s Box is a baseball and softball training facility catering to all talent levels of the game. We are the oldest facility in Connecticut with a skilled staff whose ability to teach is unmatched in the business.

We offer 5 batting cages, 3 pitching mounds, a soft toss area and a 7,500 sq ft fielding area all within our 11,000 square foot facility.

The Batter's Box is also the home of the Connecticut Bombers. The Connecticut Bombers Baseball Club, which began in 1998, boasts many of the top travel teams in the Northeast for age brackets 10-18.

Our Services

ADVANCED HITTING CAMP

Our hitting camps touch on all aspects of mechanics, with the 14-18 group, 80% of each session is spent working on hitting while the other 20% focuses on throwing.

Read more

ADVANCED PITCHING CAMP

In the majority of baseball games, the pitching position is the difference between winning and losing. The Batter’s Box has developed some of the top pitchers in the state for many years.

Read more

Christmas Baseball Camp

Our Christmas Baseball Camp specialize in the the development of the baseball player. We will train in all apects of baseball hitting, pitching and fielding.

Read more

February Baseball Camp

Our youth baseball camps specialize in the the development of the baseball player. These clinics are for ALL players that want to learn about the game of baseball.

Read more

Cage Rentals

Our Full Rookie Area includes full access to the rookie machine, a pitching lane, an area for soft toss/tee work and a BP net for soft toss and tee work.

 

Read more

Group Batting Lessons

Hitting, pitching and catching classes begin in November and continue through May. Classes are designed for advanced or intermediate players. We target all fundamentals in a group session.

Read more

Private Batting Lessons

Our one on one lessons offer the best baseball and softball training in the state. Our pro, collegiate, and high school instructors provide the best training possible for hitting, pitching, catching.

Read more

CT Bombers

The CT Bombers conduct year-round, indiviual tryouts for players age 10-18 yrs. Contact us today to schedule a personal tryout at your convenience.
 

Read more
b

“I've been involved with the Box for a number of years now, and it is safe to say that I owe a large portion of the player I am today to the staff of the Batter's Box and the CT Bombers in general. Great place that truly cares about your development as a player, and it is safe to say that the staff has not only made me a better player, but a better person as well. I would absolutely recommend having your child be a part of the CT Bombers program”

“My son has learned more from Bob Turcio about the game of baseball in a few months than he's learned in the last decade from other coaches I would recommend the batter’s box to anyone looking to better their child's baseball skills at any level. Bob and his staff coach baseball and teach life skills like responsibility, integrity and teamwork.”

“I've been hitting at the batter's box since I was 10 years old. I've done camps, clinics, and private lessons that have focused on all facets of the game. There is nobody in the area that is more knowledgeable about the game of baseball than Bob Turcio, and you will learn a lot from him in a private lesson. The facility is one of the best in the state. The size of it allows you to not only hit, but pull the cages back and practice defense. I recommend going to the batter's box for any baseball/softball player that needs a place to get their work in”

“I spent countless hours at the Batter's Box between ages 12 and 20, and theres no doubt that it--along with the dedicated Bombers coaching staff--made me the player I became, and helped shape the man I am today”

“My son continues to become a stronger and more focused baseball player under the instruction of the highly skilled and knowledgeable coaches at Batter's Box. The structure and one on one instruction he receives is invaluable. He has learned what it means to truly be a part of a team. I highly recommend this baseball program as it is truly one of the best! Thank you!”

“My son has been in the Bomber organization since he was 9. He's now 15 and I could not be happier with his development. Bob Turcio and his staff instill discipline and pushes each kid to excel and expand their comfort zone.”

Paul Wetmore

Former Ct Bomber

Kevin B.

Marco F.

Grant Moss

Former Ct Bomber

Sarah Hamm

Jim C.